Click Here for Details and Registration:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/cr ... oga-754558
-Art Thompson...
...in a '94 ES/S6/STR/CSP Miata

rocket71
Pro Baller

Re: CRSCCA Test and Tune - Dade County High School

Post by rocket71 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Great event! It was really good to see so many from the old team out there along with the new leadership. It feels like the club has gotten a breath of fresh air. In the past I don't think we could have held an event where timing took a crap and everyone still had a good time. Course setup, once we got the rust knocked off, went well. Unofficial 50+ second times on a lot like Dade County hard to pull off without some level of wrap around.

Tech?? Who was doing that? I gotta give props because I got so wrapped up in trying to get a good course down that I forgot all about my car. All I know is that I came to make sure I found out where tech was and someone had already done it. There was a sticker on my car. Thanks, mystery tech person!

I want to give props and thanks to all of you who have stuck with the club through this trying time. Bob, Gerald, Beth, Geraldine, Travis, Cho, Will Perry ( I heard you rebuilt the van!) ....I know there are many others, ya'll are the heart of this club. I felt the old fire and pride of being a Chattanooga member today. What a great restart! I can't wait to see where the club goes from here.
B

TNcoupe
Rookie

Post by TNcoupe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Good time today. Good to see a lot of new people that had never autocrossed or were fairly new to it. I got my membership back today now that there is a lot secured. Had fun throwing the grey Focus ST around even though the brakes were hating life at the end of the day. Everybody that didnt show up missed a good day....how often do you get 12-13 runs in??
2016 Focus ST
2015 Mustang GT

Will94SC
Pro Baller

Post by Will94SC » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Good to see the club back at it. Many thanks to everyone who put in the work to make it happen.

One question for anyone who saw one of my runs: Was I spinning both rear tires, or just one at a time?
Will Smith
ESP 46 'Merica

TNcoupe
Rookie

Post by TNcoupe » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Looked like both were spinning when you left the line.
2016 Focus ST
2015 Mustang GT

rocket71
Pro Baller

Post by rocket71 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:24 am

Will94SC wrote:Good to see the club back at it. Many thanks to everyone who put in the work to make it happen.

One question for anyone who saw one of my runs: Was I spinning both rear tires, or just one at a time?
During take off it looked like both. But it looked like only one during acceleration from a turn. Did you get much drift action?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
B

Will94SC
Pro Baller

Post by Will94SC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 pm

rocket71 wrote:
Will94SC wrote:Good to see the club back at it. Many thanks to everyone who put in the work to make it happen.

During take off it looked like both. But it looked like only one during acceleration from a turn. Did you get much drift action?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I spent half of several runs sideways. Either my new front tires have more grip than my old ones, or the rear tires have gotten worse. They all still suck, but it definitely changed the car's balance.
Will Smith
ESP 46 'Merica