So... No more club????

All things involving Asphalt & Cones!
tyler72
Rookie
So... No more club????

Post by tyler72 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:16 pm

So, what's going on? I know we lost the jet port, but are we really actively trying to find another lot? Seriously, there's no way that there isn't a suitable location in Chattanooga. I have actively looked on a couple weekends, and came up with the old K mart lot on hwy 58 as being a great option, to at least hold us over. I know there is a church there on Sunday, but Saturdays are open. I know some people can't come on a Saturday. But you gotta think, there are also people who won't come on Sundays. So in my opinion, day selection, be it one way or the other, is NOT a valid argument. To me, if we were really trying to find a lot, we would have already came up with something. And something is 100% better than nothing, so even if its not ideal, if we can make it work let's run with it!

I know I spent quite a bit of money on my car over the winter to prep for an ESP season (since last year I was told I wouldn't be allowed in CAM this year) and I was really looking forward to that new class. I can travel. But have no way to transport my slicks, therefore eliminating the whole reason of running ESP to begin with. I want to race and somewhere within a 30-40 minute drive!

Let's get off our asses and find a lot!!!! :)

That is all.

PS, this is intended to be motivational, not calling anyone lazy! I know a few of you have gone out of your way like myself!
Tyler Garrett
2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca #308 of 750
ESP/CAM 15

Gerald Street
Junior

Re: So... No more club????

Post by Gerald Street » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:46 pm

I am meeting with the school superintent of Dade County' Georgia this week. I have asked them about using Dade County High School parking lot. I've been out of the country for the last two weeks and the week before I left, my wife's mother passed away. Otherwise I would have already met with them. On the phone she is interested and didn't say no. It helps that we have used that lot before. Not sure if it will fit in your 30 to 40 mile drive distance, but it should be close.

CobaltSSlow
Senior

Post by CobaltSSlow » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 am

We have a lead on an excellent lot up here in Cleveland at OCI - I'm not sure if anything has been done yet, but it seems we have an excellent contact here as well. There are pictures and measurements in the "lot search" thread. I'm sure Justin and I can reach out to them if necessary, I just don't want to undermine anyone else's efforts. Unfortunately I did not make it to the meeting last week so I am not sure if that process has begun or not.
RJ Till
2009 Cobalt SS - STX #20
1965 Mustang 6cyl

rocket71
Pro Baller

Post by rocket71 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:37 am

Things are in motion on two locations, make that three, no five.

#1 - Jetport - awaiting FAA approval. We are likely 60 days away. We will likely only be able to financially be able to do one more event there. Will likely have to bump entry fee to $50 also.

#2 - Hwy 58 location - have approval from one owner but pending contact with the church. Hopefully this week.

#3 - OCI Cleveland - not sure here. I have been out there twice and called several times with no response. I intend to keep trying.

#4 - Dade Co - pending ctc with School Super

#5 - Porsche Club new location - not going to bust up their gig but satellite imagery isn't positive. A club member was going to go check it out. I have spoken with PCA and they are willing to help us if they are able to secure the location and make it through their probation period.

So there you go, we are not just sittin' on our asses. Everyone wants to compete.
B

CobaltSSlow
Senior

Post by CobaltSSlow » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:47 pm

rocket71 wrote: #3 - OCI Cleveland - not sure here. I have been out there twice and called several times with no response. I intend to keep trying.
Thanks for all the hard work, I did notice that their website shows that they have a coffee shop open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-11pm. I will probably stop by and try to get some better contact info. We may want to try email as well as I think this is more of an "event center" than an actual church, so it may not be staffed during normal business hours. The schedule on their site confirms this. I did find this email address on their site: info@ociministries.org
RJ Till
2009 Cobalt SS - STX #20
1965 Mustang 6cyl