Dixie Tour?

All things involving Asphalt & Cones!
Will94SC
Pro Baller
Dixie Tour?

Post by Will94SC » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm going to assume it's wet, since Max and Jeff outran ESP...
Will Smith
ESP 46 'Merica

drjeffapp
Baller

Re: Dixie Tour?

Post by drjeffapp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Yeah it was, but thanks for your vote of confidence.
Max beat me today so I'm happy.
Dry for us except back sweeper where oil dry makes the better line not.
Constantly ignored, never understood, and quite flatulent.

Will94SC
Pro Baller

Post by Will94SC » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 pm

I'm guessing it's wet since everyone is outrunning ESP.

Better?
Will Smith
ESP 46 'Merica

Eunos735
Junior

Post by Eunos735 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:46 am

We had a few mechanical issues on day one. Just part of the beast. But we pulled it together on day two and won a "gentleman's" bet with the two guys co driving the car that won the event. Here are a couple vids from day two.

Here is my run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZM0xGcI_CY

And here in Randall's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u02JqHLow0

And here are the videos from a GoPro4. Better resolution but without the data.

My fastest Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X90TW-1OVr8

And Randall's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgQMM-cz8lQ

I hate that our "growing pains" cost us the event....but glad it happened at Dixie and not at Lincoln.

Will94SC
Pro Baller

Post by Will94SC » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:13 pm

Awesome speeds for Sunday, Eric. Sorry Saturday didn't go your way.

The videos make the course design look faster than typical Dixie courses--is that accurate?
Will Smith
ESP 46 'Merica

rocket71
Pro Baller

Post by rocket71 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:35 pm

Dixie was alot of fun this year.

I have to give mad props to Bob! (and in a strange way, Flannagan). On Friday we got there early to hope to get in the EVO advantage if someone cancelled. Thank to Flannagan dropping out, they had one slot. Bob and I were waitlisted 1 & 2. It was his car so I deferred. He told me to take it since I had not driven the car yet. Thanks Bob!

I was finally able to get some seat time with Strano in the car. After my first run, he gave me some of the most positive, awesome feedback I have ever gotten or heard from an instructor. On the opposite side, he said when he first saw my hands moving like they were, he thought he was going to die. (his words not mine.) We focused from there on calming down.

Test & Tune - I was right in the mix of the A street cars. Three of us were within .2, and I got to drive Jed's A-street, S2000 CR. He said I was right with him. (likely pulling my chain).

Day 1 - sucked. We made a shock change and the car was so loose. Bob spun run 1. I thought it was just too much gas on corner exit, nope. I was catching the car the whole run. I ran back to paddock, grabbed Eric's jack (thanks!) and ran back to grid to get the car in the air. About the time we got it up, Safety kindly reminded us of the need for stands. Well, look who is walking up as I start to run back to paddock, (That shits far) Randall Wilcox with two stands. We got the car adjusted. Bingo! It felt much better. However, on my second run, I did something I have only done once before, DNF'd a run at Champ Tour. I flew through the hump and just about Dukes of Hazzard the Vette. Run, 3 I settled down and was good enough for 4th. I was waaaaaay off pace though.

Day 2 - the course flowed much better. It fit my style. And after some more Strano beatings, watching his videos, I think it clicked. I was able to move up to 3rd and actually was quicker than the event winner on Day 2.

We learned a few things. Less rebound in the rear means, much more power down on corner exit. The biggest thing we learned was that Hankooks must be sprayed after every run. EVERY RUN. They just get too hot with that kinda weight and fall off.

I will let Bob tell his story but I will tell you this. He picked up a ton of speed on Day 2. Once we get our video/data logging setup for feedback and comparative purposes, he is going to run away with the open Championship.
B

edfishjr
Rookie

Post by edfishjr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:51 pm

Congrats to Berry for the huge comeback on day 2 and the trophy position!