2015 Match Tour @ NCM

All things involving Asphalt & Cones!
Gen52SS
Junior
2015 Match Tour @ NCM

Post by Gen52SS » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Registration is now open: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/20 ... Pimpiw5CM8

Friday May 1, 2015

7:30 – 9:30 am Test and Tune course set-up
8 – 3 pm General event set up
9:15 - 9:45 am Evo Advantage* Drivers Meeting/Tech
9:45 – 11 am Evo Advantage Instructional course runs
10:30 am – 2:30 pm Test & Tune Tech Inspection
11- 3 pm Test N Tune (ticket sales end at 2 pm)
11 – 12 pm Evo Advantage Test N Tune priority grid line
3 – 7 pm Registration chick-in*, Event Tech Inspection
4 pm – 7 pm Course open for walking
7:00 pm Chiefs Meeting

*No new entries after 7 pm

Saturday May 2, 2015

6:30 am Site Opens
6:45 – 7:30 am Late Check-in/Tech**
8:00 am Course closed for walking
8:00 am Novice Meeting at Start Line
8:10 am Heat 1 to grid, Worker check-in
8:30- 5:00 pm* Session 1 & 2 Competition
5:30- 6:30 pm* Awards Party- Class Competition
5:30-7:30 pm* Course open for walking

*Approximate

**Pre-registered entrants only

Sunday May 3, 2015

6:30 am Site Opens
7:25 am Course closed for walking
7:45 am Heat 1 to grid, Worker check-in
8:00 am Session 3 begins
12:30 pm* Session 4- Shootout Competition (Super, Bonus, Club)
3:00 pm* Shootout Trophy Presentation
*Approximate

Scheduled times and run/work orders are subject to change due to local restrictions and conditions.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street
Registration Chief / MSR Event Organizer / Facebook

Gen52SS
Junior

Re: 2015 Match Tour @ NCM

Post by Gen52SS » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:32 am

Are any CRSCCA members going to Bowling Green or Blytheville May 1st? Did anyone hear at Dixie the 120 minim for Bowling Green might be lifted because of the rescheduling in Blytheville?
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street

shaggybob
Site Admin

Post by shaggybob » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:32 am

Gen52SS wrote:Are any CRSCCA members going to Bowling Green or Blytheville May 1st? Did anyone hear at Dixie the 120 minim for Bowling Green might be lifted because of the rescheduling in Blytheville?
I don't remember hearing that announced, but I don't remember a lot of things
Bob Moates - Just another auto-crosser
2016 Ceramic MX-5 Club

Eunos735
Junior

Post by Eunos735 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm

As for me and mine....we will be at the Pro Solo.

A) Math tour on pavement
B) Pro Solo on Concrete.

Relatively equidistant

I don't see a scenario where I would EVER choose A. Better site, better surface, better format, cooler town, more seat time...BURN OUTS!!!!!! etc etc etc etc.

If you haven't done a Pro Solo.....it's the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on

Gen52SS
Junior

Post by Gen52SS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:43 am

Eunos735 wrote:...we will be at the Pro Solo.

If you haven't done a Pro Solo.....it's the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on
I'll wait until May and August for Wilmington, Ohio Pro.... it's 100 miles less and more then an hour travel time. I'm just too damm old and don't like the traveling part. Plus I've run at NCM last year and enjoyed the venue and from what they have said so far this year the GRIP is much improved over the very first autocross event that I and several CR members went too in October 2014. We have several ETR members going to Match Tour NCM.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street

Gen52SS
Junior

Post by Gen52SS » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:14 am

Received back answer to question about lowering the requirement 120 minimum entries because of Blytheville rescheduled on the same weekend. You still have 30 days to register...I'm thinking 100 entries needed for this to happen.

"It is sort of true and sort of not. We are not going to hold the events to the 120. However, we do still need to have more than the 44 we have currently as we do still need have a National feel to the event. "

Brian Harmer
Rally/Solo Program Manager
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street

CobaltSSlow
Senior

Post by CobaltSSlow » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:51 am

I'm not sure if they paved the autocross pad with the same compound as the road course, but I had read at one point that the track has some sort of "special asphalt" similar to the compound that was developed for COTA. It certainly looks different than any other asphalt I've seen.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/article ... e-americas
RJ Till
2009 Cobalt SS - STX #20
1965 Mustang 6cyl

Gen52SS
Junior

Post by Gen52SS » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:38 pm

CobaltSSlow wrote:I'm not sure if they paved the autocross pad with the same compound as the road course, but I had read at one point that the track has some sort of "special asphalt" similar to the compound that was developed for COTA. It certainly looks different than any other asphalt I've seen.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/article ... e-americas
People who run their on a regular bases say the pad is gaining grip as time goes by.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street

midlifecrisicar
Rookie

Post by midlifecrisicar » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:37 pm

We are the first to register for the April 26 trscca event at NCM auto cross. And, doing laps on the road course!
Linda Ford
'08 Solstice

Gen52SS
Junior

Post by Gen52SS » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:54 am

Tennessee and Kentucky regions are really pushing hard for their members to attend. Right now it's at 70...the numbers are growing while Blytheville as been stagnet for many days without a new entry listed. Even if they just moved the March entries over you would think any new ones would show up on the entry list. The last piece is this ....MSR had both these events listed this way.

Registration ends in a month on April 28, 2015 11:59 AM CDT
The entry cap for this event is 240-(200 for NCM) This cap does not include Formula Junior drivers.
All Events Must have 120 entrants 2 weeks prior to the event or it will be in jeopardy

While Blytheville still reads the same .....the Match Tour now reads like this.

Registration ends in 25 days on April 27, 2015 11:59 PM CDT
The entry cap for this event is 200- This cap does not include Formula Junior drivers.

The minimum entries of 120 has been removed from MSR. The other regions are posting up NO MINIMUM ENTRIES. I'm convinced this event will happen they don't want to piss people off. So don't be a PUSS and sign up for.....

2 days of racing! Fun! Sun! Shogun food truck! Asphalt! Competition! Potential for a ton of runs! Contingency Money! Friday Test and Tune! No minimum entry! Shogun Food!
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street

Gen52SS
Junior

Post by Gen52SS » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 am

Entries now at 101 with still 13 days to register. Some people have switched from Blytheville over to Bowling Green this week.

Are you are a seasoned driver or newbie? Reminder this May 2nd, and 3rd at The National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY (200 mile ride from Knoxville) SCCA is having there first Match Tour at it’s large autocross facility. A Match Tour will provide an entertaining introductory National Solo experience to local Regional Solo competitors by blending elements of a traditional National Tour with the ProSolo concept of determining an overall winner of the event, while also providing a challenging alternative event format for experienced National Solo competitors.

Usually compromised of a minimum 9 runs over two days (You run the same course over the 2 days). There are qualifying runs for brackets from each heat and then single elimination brackets at the end of day two. Awards and contingency are given out per class along with an over-all awards and contingency for the brackets. At only $80 for the 2 day event, and a short ride, this is a great chance for YOU to get a taste, in a relaxed atmosphere before you consider going to a national event, lots of seat time and plenty of great people to learn from.

These events are fairly low key and full of excitement that you’ll be ready to brag to your friends about. If you can’t get the time off from work or you really can’t afford to go that’s understandable.... just don’t use some of these excuses….

“I can’t go I’m not qualified.”
“I don’t have a good enough car.”
“I haven’t done enough events.”
“I’ll lose.”
“I’m not a Pro.”

• Goals:

o Serve as a stepping stone program between SCCA Regional and National level Solo events.

o Establish a unique event format that allows local level autocrossers to have a taste of what National level events are like, while keeping the experience more low key than a Championship Tour.

o Expand the competition opportunities for National drivers
Paul Breitweiser
2016 GT86
Class D Street

RACERSD2
Senior

Post by RACERSD2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 pm

COME on!!!!!! Sign up and come and play!!!
Scott "Da Slow" Dobler II
SEDiv SDC www.sedivsolo.com
Its more about the car people than the cars
YOU WANT NUMBERS!!!! LET ME KNOW.