Chattanooga Region SCCA (CRSCCA) Solo/AutoX CHAMPIONSHIP Points System 2018
1. The CRSCCA AutoX Championship will use the CRSCCA Points System 2018 to calculate year end points to determine CRSCCA AutoX Champion per each Class Category defined below (Section 6). The AutoX Championship Season will consist of scheduled CRSCCA AutoX Events for the calendar year (expected to be eight (8) CRSCCA AutoX Events). The Class Categories will be defined by the SCCA Solo/Autocross Rule Book (Current Published Edition). The finishing place in each group will be calculated by a specified SCCA autocrossing PAX index being applied to raw time of the quickest timed run per official competition event (CRSCCA AutoX). The Competitors are responsible for correctly classifying their vehicle as defined by the SCCA Solo/Autocross Rule Book (Current Published Edition) when entering a CRSCCA AutoX.
2. The CRSSCA Points System 2018 is as follows:
A. 1st Place = 20 Points
B. 2nd Place = 16
C. 3rd Place = 13
D. 4th Place ‐ 11
E. 5th Place = 10
F. 6th Place = 9
G. 7th Place = 8
H. 8th Place = 7
I. 9th Place = 6
J. 10th Place = 5
K. 11th Place through Remaining Finishing Positions receive 4 Points
3. Timing and Scoring Chief will provide the CRSCCA AutoX Championship Points Administrator (CPA) with a copy of the Official CRSCCA AutoX Timing and Scoring Report to tabulate AutoX Championship Points. The CPA will update the current Champion Point standings after each CRSCCA AutoX in a timely fashion and provide them for posting on the CRSCCA website. The CPA and/or Timing and Scoring Chief will post the latest CRSCCA Class Categories Championship Point standings at each CRSCCA AutoX event. AutoX Championship Points will ONLY be given to CRSCCA members.
4. CRSCCA AutoX 1st Place Championship Trophies will be awarded to each Class Category, to the CRSCCA member who accumulates the most points in each Class Category. Class Categories that had at least 12 entries throughout the year the 2nd Place finisher will receive a 2nd Place Championship Trophy and Class Categories with at least 25 entries throughout the year, the 3rd Place finisher will receive a 3rd Place Championship Trophy. (CRSCCA AutoX Championship Points will follow the competition Class not the Driver.) Trophies will be given out at each CRSCCA AutoX Event based on the CRSCCA AutoX Championship Points Class Categories.
5. Bonus AutoX Championship Points maybe earned by competitors when volunteering and working approved CRSCCA events (i.e. TireRack Street Survival, CRSCCA Board Approved Event). Volunteer AutoX Championship Points, vouchers will be given to competitors, who are responsible for giving the voucher to the CPA to record the points to the Class Category of the competitors’ choice. Bonus Points may ONLY be assigned once and do NOT carry over into the following season. Volunteer Points will be 10 Points per each event up to a Maximum of 30 Points per competitor per year. Bonus Points must be allocated prior to the LAST scheduled CRSCCA AutoX event of the season.
6. Class Grouping Notes and Rules:
A. Pro Class Category: This class will be open to any competitor in any Class Category as defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book. The 1st Place finisher will be awarded the 1st Place Pro Championship Trophy.
B. CRSCCA Novice Class Category: Non‐SCCA Members and New CRSCCA members are eligible for the Novice Class Category. Novice Class Category will include all Class Categories as defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book.
To be eligible to win the CRSCCA Novice Class Category the competitor must be a CRSCCA member before the end of the season. Novice competitors may compete in the Novice Class Category for one (1) Novice Championship Season. Novices that ONLY compete in two (2) CRSCCA AutoX events in a Championship Season or a ¼ (25%) of a the scheduled CRSCCA AutoX events in the Championship Season, may petition the CPA for a Competition Wavier to compete in the next year’s CRSCCA Novice Championship.
If a new competitor (Non‐Member or CRSCCA Member) registers in any other Class Category and competes for AutoX Championship Points, is no longer eligible to compete in the CRSCCA Novice Championship.
C. CRSCCA Ladies Class Category: This Class Category is defined by placing all Ladies Classes as defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book (i.e. A Street Ladies, Street Touring S Ladies, B Street Prepared Ladies, Street Modified Ladies) into one Class grouping.
D. Street Class / Street Touring Category: This Class Category is defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book.
E. Street Prepared / Street Modified Category: This Class Category is defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book.
F. Prepared / Modified Class Category: This Class Category is defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book.
G. Karting Class Category: This Class Category is defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book.
H. Classic American Muscle (CAM) Class Category: This Class Category is defined by the current year’s published SCCA Solo/Autocross Rules Book.
7. The CRSCCA Solo Committee and/or CRSCCA Board will define the number of scheduled CRSCCA AutoX Events per CRSCCA Championship Point’s Season. CRSCCA AutoX Events will be conducted to the SCCA SOLO/Autocross Rule Book (Published Edition) and/or CRSCCA AutoX Supplements as defined by the CRSCCA Solo Committee and/or CRSCCA Board. The CRSCCA Solo Committee and/or CRSCCA Board will specify the PAX index that will be used.
The CRSCCA AutoX Championship Points Administrator will be a CRSCCA member who volunteers for the position for the CRSCCA AutoX Championship Season. The CPA may be a competitor in the CRSCCA AutoX Championship Season. The CRSCCA Solo Committee
and/or CRSCCA Board will be the finial arbitrator for the CRSCCA AutoX Championship Points standings, in disputes between the CPA and any competitor when a competitor challenges the Points standings. All disputes must be addressed prior to the end of the CRSCCA AutoX Championship Season calendar year.
8. Any CRSCCA AutoX Championship Class Categories that end in a Tie will be resolved by finishing order and/or place of the competitors in their Class Category of the Last CRSCCA AutoX Event.
9. If the last CRSCCA AutoX Events are canceled, the current Championship Points standings will become the finial CRSCCA AutoX Championship standings and Trophies will be awarded.
Any ties in points will be resolved as described in Section 8.
Revised 3/2018: Combined Street with Street Touring, and Street Prepared with Street Modified.