Awards dinner / Christmas party / Season ender for CRSCCA held December 7th
Lots of folks showed up, including some of our newest and youngest members, Matthew and Noah.
- Worker of the year – Gerald Street
- Harvey Templeton Road Racer of the year – Chuck Fulgraff
Autocross awards were calculated using a points system of 10 for first, 8 for second, 6 for third, 5,4, 3, 2, 1. You had to do two events and have at least one competitor.
- Pro – Eric Couch, based on pax times
- ES – Randy Chase
- STR – Gerald Street
- SMF – Levi Brindle
- DS – Tim Cash
- Small cone killer – Tim Cash – for getting 7 cones in one run!!!
- Novice – Josh McQuaid
- Cone Killer award (most over the season) goes to Josh McQuaid
Here’s a little update on what’s going on behind the scenes in this quiet period for CRSCCA.
- Gerald Street and Beth Cox are meeting with Dade County High School officials on January 4th to discuss the spring autocross schedule. We’re hoping for four points events through June, including at least one on a Saturday, as well as the possibility of another Street Survival school.
- Also being considered is an autocross school, back to back with a test and tune autocross session.
- We need to schedule a work day on the van and trailer, to sort out what all’s in there, throw away what we don’t need and organize what we do.
- Travis Uga and Bob Moates are deciding on what updated T&S equipment and software we will be purchasing.
- Byron Spencer is scoping out routes for some fun rally action, probably in the hot months so us oldsters can drive with the AC on.
- Beth Cox, Geraldine Powell, Alex Uchida and Nicole Blurton will be attending the SE Division SCCA convention in early February.
- Beth Cox has a meeting upcoming to discuss CRSCCA participation in a Green Power USA electric car race to be held in Chattanooga next spring, featuring cars built and driven by local high school students. See the article in the Times Free Press. More on that later.
- We’ll be meeting after the holidays with the Northgate Mall people to discuss a charity autocross out there.
Seems quiet, but a lot’s happening!